Highest Standard of Care
100% Free of Antibiotics and Hormones
Highest Quality Shrimp Genetics
Exceeds industry standards
Trans American Aquaculture produces premium quality, farm-raised white shrimp, 100% free of antibiotics and hormones, and cultivated using safe and sustainable practices.
Using decades of experience in the shrimp aquaculture industry, our products are grown with our superior technology and our proprietary genetics which results in a superior fresh product always grown in the United States.
Farm Application Pending for Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) by the Global Aquaculture Alliance in compliance with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP) and Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI).
Our world class broodstock are known for their health and durability. We only select the highest quality of shrimps to be part of our broodstock and mating programs. Rigorous pathogen testing* (SPF) is conducted at Aquatic Pathology Laboratory of the University of Arizona, prior to selection and again prior to any sale.Learn more
Raised in Texas, USA
Trans American Aquaculture was founded by the Granda family and their business partners. The Granda Family have been a major producer and seller of shrimp in Ecuador for 5 decades. In 2017, the family and a select group of business partners purchased an 1800 acre parcel of land in Rio Hondo Texas with the goal of building the largest U.S. based, land-based producer of pacific white shrimp in the United States.
Operating out of the largest scale aquaculture farm in Texas, USA, the company utilizes over a century of proven industry experience, proprietary technology, expertise in premium genetic lineage development, and state-of-the-art facilities to provide our clients a superior product that they can count on.
We are committed to quickly becoming a major producer in the United States seafood industry with a premium product produced in the United States using only authentic sustainable practices.
Please click on the link below to access a 2019 extensive valuation report of our Rio Hondo land and aquaculture facilities.
10 Decades of Experience
Through the use of our controlled facilities, each harvest is responsibly raised and cultivated on-site with a minimal ecological footprint, promising our customers a superior product developed from a higher standard of care.
At TAA, we cultivate our post-larvae in our BAP Certified onsite hatchery, which is then stocked as shrimp post-larvae in open-air earthen ponds where the proper nutrition, water quality, and other growth conditions are optimized for the development of a world-class product.
Based on 10 decades of aquaculture industry experience, Trans American Aquaculture uses proprietary genetics, superior technology, and best aquaculture practices to create a superior shrimp product produced in the U.S.A in the great State of Texas.
Our company is at the forefront of producing superior genetics for sustainable shrimp aquaculture operations. Our shrimp’s life cycle begins with our carefully selected and controlled broodstock. Another name for broodstock is the breeder shrimp. These are the best of the best mature shrimp, superior in size and disease resistant which are placed in a nursery at optimum times. The broodstock are the mating shrimp. TAA has developed our own genetic lines that are superior to other genetic lines and our broodstock have a long track record of outstanding growth results while being disease resistant. The broodstock mate and several weeks later, tiny shrimp the size of a fraction of an eyelash are born. These baby shrimp are called post larvae. The baby shrimp are placed in nursery tanks to become acclimated to water temperature, salinity, oxygen levels, water flow and other attributes to our system for about 30 days. Slowly, the levels of salinity are increased and at the same time, the PL’s are fed a very high protein diet to maximize the growth rate for the first 4 weeks.
• B.S. in Mariculture from Texas A&M University, Galveston TX (2001),
• Master in Aquaculture from National Center of Aquaculture and Marine Research (CENAIM), Ecuador (2007),
• Manager and Owner, Excellaqua Cia. Ltda., Machala, Ecuador – Designed, commissioned and operated three hatcheries, producing 180MM post-larvae/month, where he has successfully improved quality and survival rates (2006 – present),
• Chief Operating Officer, QUIMANSERVI Cia. Ltda., Naranjal, Ecuador – Commissioned and managed a 3700-acre shrimp farm (2008 – 2015),
• Chief Executive Officer, PCO Cia. Ltda, Arenillas, Ecuador – Organized franchise from Ziegler Feeds, PA, USA and designed, built and operated a 70,000 ton/yr shrimp feed manufacturing facility (2014 – 2017).
• B.A. from Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH (2004)
• M.B.A., Finance from Capital University, Columbus, OH (2009)
• VP of Operations, JP Morgan Chase (2006 – 2013, 2015 – present)
• Chief Strategy Officer, Default Consulting Group, Inc. – Led corporate strategy and financial analytics (2013 – 2015)