Copyright © 2018 Trans American Aquaculture
HOW DO YOU SEAFOOD?
Our world class broodstock are known for their health and durability. We only select the highest quality of shrimps to be part of our broodstock and mating programs. Rigorous pathogen testing* (SPF) is conducted at Aquatic Pathology Laboratory of the University of Arizona, prior to selection and again prior to any sale.
Proven characteristics of our broodstock are below:
- Natural maturation of females, meaning no ablation
- High reproductive performance with each female laying between 150,000 and 225,000 eggs
- Produce consistent, fast growing larvae
- Produce highly durable larvae that can survive and thrive in less than optimal water temperatures
* a list of all pathogens tested and historical analysis are available upon request